Translate

Monday 17 March 2014

Need a Job in Chiang Mai. What to do?



Oh OK, well done you (me). You decided to move to Chaing Mai, go ahead booking the flights and not looking past the tourist visa. Hmmm, that was smart. I want to volunteer, to visit the Karen Hill Tribe family I know in the jungle but I have to do that boring thing called work (or business). 
Teaching here should be easy, right? Right, looking for a TEFL course to do and hope for the best. Looking a the Immigrant B visa rules gives me a headache so I will cross that bridge when I come to it. It's a future problem so no need to worry now.
That was me in January. Well, I was so right not to worry. Worrying is a waste of energy and I have proved that right to myself again. I enlisted on a TEFL course in the city and completed it at the end of February. Without bragging, OK a bit of bragging, I passed all the exams with high A's. I may have even found a gift that I never knew I had and let me tell you it satisfied the urge of satisfaction I was looking for. I can do this. 
Then they offered me a job, starting in May when the new school year starts, they sort the Imm-B visa so even less worry. Sheer luck or fate. Who knows but I'm loving life and loving life here.
Now I have time to learn some if the language, do a bit of yoga, buy a motorbike (so excited about this YAY!!) and volunteer if anyone will want me.

No comments:

Post a Comment